Protect Thermo Extreme is a waterproof, low emissivity, highly reflective insulating breather membrane which enhances the thermal performance of walls constructed in various material types, including timber frame, Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS), Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) panels and light gauge steel frame (LGSF). Ideally suited for offsite manufacture, Thermo Extreme is designed for buildings sited in very severe exposed locations as specified in STA Advice Note 18. These are typically high altitude, open to high winds and on westerly coastal sites in England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland, where a Class W1 water penetration resistance is recommended.
When Protect Thermo Extreme is installed into an unventilated airspace, this effectively blocks infra-red radiation, helping to deliver a low U-value for the wall.
Features and benefits
- Achieves Class W1 water resistance to BS EN 1928.
- Thermal resistance R value 0.77m²K/W (aged – incorporates printing).
- 328% improvement in thermal resistance on horizontal wall heat flow when used in unventilated airspace, compared to membrane with no special treatment.
- Meets the permeability requirements recommended by TRADA and NHBC.
- Corrosion and damage resistant reflective surface.
- UV and heat stabilised, tough and durable.
- Further thermal efficiency can be obtained using Protect Thermo Extreme in conjunction with Protect TF InterFoil and Protect VC Foil insulating vapour control layer.
- Protect Thermo Extreme is both CE marked and BM TRADA Certified.
- Helps meet the more onerous regulatory requirements demanded by NZEB as well as the Building Regulations Part L and the Notional Dwelling Specification for walls.