Protect TF InterFoil is an innovative, highly reflective and insulating breather wall membrane for use with an open or closed timber frame panel in combination with Protect TF200 Thermo and Protect VC Foil Ultra, enhancing the wall’s thermal performance and delivering low U-values.
When installed facing into an unventilated airspace, Protect TF InterFoil effectively blocks infra-red radiation and increases the thermal performance of the airspace, hence improving the overall U-value of the wall construction when compared to fully insulated construction.
Features and benefits
- Key part of unique membrane solution with TF200 Thermo & VC Foil Ultra, delivering thermal efficiency and potential insulation cost savings.
- Helps meet the more onerous regulatory requirements demanded by NZEB as well as the Building Regulations Part L and the Notional Dwelling Specification for walls.
- Low emissivity reflective surface enhances the wall’s thermal performance and is corrosion and damage resistant.
- Aged thermal resistance R-value 0.77m²K/W.
- Can deliver insulation thickness and cost savings when used with 0.022 lambda PIR board.
- Allows use of 0.032/0.035 lambda fibrous insulation, improving the wall’s acoustic performance.
- Enables 0.03/0.032 lambda EPS insulation alternatives to be used within timber frame construction.
- Good vapour permeability meeting TRADA and NHBC requirements to prevent interstitial condensation.
- UV and heat stabilised for long term durability.
- UKCA and CE marked.
Have a question?
For any questions or queries about our product ranges and the technical support services we can offer, please contact us using the form below.